In the event of a hurricane or tropical storm, we will do a pre-storm and post-storm inspection. During the pre-storm inspections we will make sure your home is secured and all loose items are stored in a safe location. Post-storm is not a full Home Watch inspection, it’s simply a quick visit to the home to inspect for any damage caused by the storm, provide a report with photos of any damage if any.
If Imperial Home Watch Services deems it a emergency, we will automatically do a post storm inspection with no notification to the home owner.
- Insure that all doors and windows are locked.
- Move all loose items off the porch and pool deck (furniture, tables, planters, swim gear etc.).
- Relocate grill/BBQ to the garage (remove the tank and secure outside home).
- Bring all garden hoses in the garage.
- Walk the perimeter of the home to insure everything is secure, take photo’s for documentation.
- Turn off ice maker and empty the bin.
- Remove perishable food from the refrigerator/freezer.
- Unplug all electrical items in the home.
- Turn off main water supply to the property.
- Insure vehicle windows are up and the keys are secured.
Service will only take place when the area is safe and released from mandatory evacuation.
- Survey the perimeter of the home and roof (photos of concerns)
- Inspection of the interior of the home for obvious concerns or damage. (Photos of concerns)
- Inspection of garage and vehicles (Photos of concerns)
- Contact home owner of any concerns, make a plan for restoration repairs.
- Provide the home owner with a detailed report. When the power is restored.
Unsafe: a condition of the home or property deemed unsafe by the Home Watch Inspector/Reporter: Conditions may include: animals, insects, mold, structural damage, water, gas, fire, storm damage, criminal activities, squatters, etc.
Emergency Situation: A situation requiring immediate attention in order to prevent additional damage/risk to the property, Typically determined by the Home Watch Inspector/reporter or requested by the client